Monday, March 13, 2017

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed:
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
                                                                   Psalms 61:2

Where our strength ends there God's omnipotence begins.  Nature's extremity
is God's opportunity.  Again we repeat it, the end of the earth is the beginning of
heaven.  If the day should come when monarchs should banish God's people,
their banishment would be an object of contempt, for can they banish the men
that are strangers wherever they may be?  Is not my Father's house a large one?
Yon dome, the blue sky, its roof; the rolling seas, the swelling floods, the green
meads, the huge mountains—are not these the floors of his house?  And where
can I be driven from the dominions of my God, and away from the voice of his
love?  Banishment to the Christian may seem a trouble, but if he looketh up and
seeth his Father's house and beholdeth the smile of his God, he will know that
banishment is to him an impossibility.  But supposing us to be banished from every
thing good and dear to us, even then we should not be banished from God's throne,
"From the ends of the earth will I cry unto thee."
                                                                 Charles H. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment